SIGNS OR SIGNAGE’S ON ORR
Signs are used for providing information to the road users. They can be seen and recognized easily and in time Direction signs on Outer Ring Road will include
A Warning Sign indicates a hazard ahead on the road that may not be readily apparent to a driver. Warning signs are grate help in ensuring safety of traffic. These are located on the both directions of the Outer Ring Road for every 1 km.
Pre – signs
This signage’s consist of advanced information signs regarding interchanges. These are also warning signs which help the user in advance to take cautionary measures for avoiding accidents. These are located on the both sides of Outer Ring Road at every before reaching the interchange.
This signage’s which are giving information regarding the exact position of interchange on the ORR. This signs are strictly to be followed by road users using the road. These are located on the both side of the Outer Ring Road at every interchange.
Confirmation Sign for main carriageway
(in the median or combined with one of the 2 above on a gantry). The Confirmation for main carriageway helps the road user in providing information regarding the directions of important roads, places, landmarks etc.
TOLL OPERATIONS ON ORR
Nehru Outer Ring Road is an 8 lane access controlled express way has been entrusted with the Development, Maintenance and Management by Hyderabad Growth Corridor Ltd (HGCL) (A Joint venture of HMDA and INCAP). The length of Outer Ring Road is 158 Km.
- Out of the total stretch of 158 Km, the construction completed and opened to traffic is 137 Km. Toll operations are being undertaken at 19 interchanges of ORR.
- A closed type toll management system is planned to the ORR and drivers will be charged with a toll corresponding with the distance travelled.
- HGCL is empowered under the G.O. Ms. No. 92 MA&UD (I2) Dept Dated 08.03.2011 to enter into contracts with any person for the purpose of collection of user fee through user fee collecting agency on the basis of competitive bidding for Nehru Outer Ring Road.
- Presently the toll collection agency M/s Eagle Infra India Ltd, is handling toll operations w.e.f. 19.01.2016 on the stretch from Ghatkesar to Shamirpet (length - 137 Km) via Pedda Amberpet, Shamshabad, Patancheru with an agreed monthly remittance of 823.07 lakhs per month payable to HGCL.
- The present toll rates (w.e.f. 01.04.2016) for following six vehicle types are given below. Toll rates are rounded off to the nearest 10 (Ten) Rupees as per the GO.
Use Concessional passes on ORR
- 1.Daily Pass - One and half times of single journey
- 2.Monthly Pass - 50 times of single journey
- Please contact Toll Operator at Toll Plaza or Contact Office of M/s Eagle Infra India Ltd, Plot No.36, Sai Villas, Shamshabad, Hyderabad-500 097, Telangana, India
- In case of complaint please mail to email@example.com